Monday, July 24, 2017

Not much quilting going on!

I seem to be a little groggy in the quilting department. Actually I don't feel like I'm getting much done at all right now. So I'm going to go through some of the snapshots on my phone. Hopefully, I'll find out that I'm not lagging as much as I feel like I am.
First thing I did after getting home from our summer holiday in CO was check out a new fabric shop! Sugar Bend Sewing had their Grand opening and I wasn't going to miss it!!  Look at their brand new street sign!! Beautiful isn't it 😉
Oh my gosh, I'm sure I'm going to love this store. Look at my loot!! I got 5 yards of fabric, a charm packet, a baby jelly roll, a varigated spool of quilting thread, a grab bag of scraps (as if I need more), and a reusable bag that folds up into a strawberry... All for $58!! What a deal!

However, I haven't been very motivated to step into my sewing room. Instead, I am crocheting scarfs for charity while spending time with my family. My Sweetling and I like to watch Audry Hepburn movies. I'm working on the third scarf now.

Really, it's the same ol' story going on here... I'm trying really hard to complete projects and not to start new ones until some of the old ones have been checked off...
... Then I'm persuaded to take a class with quilting friends 🤣.
I resisted all the way up to the day before. Wednesday is charity quilting at Maple Street.  Three of these ladies, Lawana, C.C., and Brenda, were all talking about taking the class and I learned several more PTQ friends were going too.  Combined with knowing there was only one spot left in class, I couldn't resist any more. I took the Cookie Cutter Star class with quiltmaker/author Barbara Cline.  You can find her at her blog Quiltingal or at her website Delightful Piecing by Barbara Cline. I was very happy to have went. Spending time with my friends and I learned several new things!!

So..... Remember those adorable twin girls I made little purses for?
 

Well, I found out they have an older brother and I haven't sent him a little surprise yet. As soon as I saw this Dragon Scarf by Morehouse Designs I knew it'd be perfect.  (Also the fact that my son showed me a picture the mom texted him was a huge help knowing it's perfect too!)
Bonus was my son cooked dinner so I could continue knitting 😄...
It's a really great pattern, well written. The three-needle bind off technique used for shaping the spikes is keeping it interesting for me. I don't want to put the work down because I want to see "just one more spike!"
I'm guessing I may know two or three more little ones that would love a dragon scarf too!


Ok, so let's see... A recap of last week...
Monday drove 2 1/2 hours to take my Heartbeat to the Birmingham airport then spent the rest of the day shopping at the mall for school clothes with my Sweetling.
Tuesday I took a day for myself and went Row by Row quilt shop hopping. I hit 7 stores in one day. Craziness!!
Wednesday is charity quilting at Maple Street.
Thursday was the Cookie Cutter class.
Friday was back to Birmingham to pick up my Heart. (I went a little early and checked out a little yarn shop In the Making. It's a bit too upscale for me to shop regularly, but I did get a scarf pattern and a gorgeous skein of Merino yarn.)
Saturday was total family time.
Sunday I got yarn at Michael's and started the dragon scarf!

Well!! When I lay it all out I see I've been BUSY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment