Saturday, March 31, 2018

Stitching whimsy update

Just a couple of posts back, Stitching Whimsy, I started telling you about the embroidery challenge (TAST) I'm participating in this year.
The challenge offers a new stitch every week to try.  The hostess Sharon Boggon announces the stitch with a link to a tutorial on her website Pintangle.com.
Presently, we are on stitch 12.

Above I have weeks 1 - 6
1.  Running stitch - light pink Perle cotton
2. Buttonhole stitch - green Perle cotton
3. Fly Stitch - 2 strands burgundy, 2 stands pink
4. Detached chain (Lazy Daisy)- 2 strands turquoise
5. Herringbone Stitch - 2 strands varigated yellow/orange
6. Chain stitch - 1 strand green

 7. Feather - 2 stands purple

8. Stem stitch - 1 stand yellow, 1 stand orange

9. Cretan - 2 strands red

10. Couching - dark pink Perle cotton stitched down with 2 strands matching dark pink
11.  Chevron stitch - 2 strands varigated turquoise

I am behind one week.  Stitch 12 is the Sheaf stitch.  I have a couple of days to catch up before #13 is announced!
I've been having so much fun stitching. This challenge is perfect for me.  I'm taking an organized free flow approach.  It seems to be working for me so far 😄.

I also have to share with you.  My Sweetling came home from school this Friday Thursday and out of the blue announced she wanted to make a patch.  I was uncertain what she had in mind. 
She showed me a YouTube video of How to embroider a patch.  We gathered supplies. She drew a design on the fabric and started stitching! Just HOURS later, her 2.5" patch is almost complete! All that's left is trimming and stitching the outside border! It's really good for a first, I'm a proud mama 😁!


No comments:

Post a Comment