Monday, July 23, 2018

over and over and over....

I've been working on this rag rug over the last week.  I was inspired to make fabric twine (you can read about it in my recent blog update: rag rugs?... scraps?... new techniques?....
Well, today my Sweetling was visiting with me in my sewing room while I continued working on this rag rug.
Suddenly she says, "that's what you do? that stitch over and over and over?"
I said, "yep, that's all it is!" Thinking how easy and it might appeal to her.
She replied, "That's SO repetitive!"  and walks out of the room.
😆


right now the rug is at 19.5 inch diameter.  I want it to be 30".
She got me wondering how many stitches is in this rug so far... 
... so I counted this last row. There are exactly 100 stitches just in that last row!
And according to my calculation, there's 31 rows more to go!  That's at least another week working on it. 
.... hmmm, I was thinking of making 4 of these.... I don't mind repetitive, but in this case, my plans might change 😋.   There's so many ways to use this fabric twine!  Four rag rugs that look similar but each a bit different, is fine too!!
k, back to work now 😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment