Friday, February 22, 2019

I'm excited over the Monticello slippers -


Just a quick blog update about these slippers.

Do I have to say "found on Pinterest" anymore?
The Monticello Slippers is from Pattern-Paradise.com.  the pattern is offered free on the website with an option to purchase an ad-free version to download and print.
After the first pair, I determined that I will want to make these again and need the printable version. And at only $3, it's totally worth the purchase!!

Each slipper is made with doubled soles! Makes for great cushioning ☺️.

Then construction is side to side over the toe.  This is probably the most difficult part of the pattern.  But have faith in the pattern, follow the instructions and it works out perfectly!!

The next picture shows construction to the ankle.  I'm so pleased with the shape.  Btw, I'm making these in largest size, men's 13, for my brother.
The pattern offers 6 sizes ranging from women's 4-5 to men's 13-16.  

I used yarn purchased at Michael's.

The sole is Red Heart's soft essentials - charcoal 131 yards bulky (5) 
(there was a few yards left over after making soles for one pair of size 13 from this skein)

The top is Loops & Threads' Charisma Big - steel 
328 yards bulky (5) 
(I believe I could easily get two size 13s out of this skein)


I really couldn't resist stitching up a second pair!
 This time the soles are made with Loops & Threads' Charisma Big - steel 
328 yards bulky (5) 
 And the tops are Red Heart's soft essentials - purple reign stripe.
The varigated skeins have 110 yards.  And though it's marked bulky, I feel it's closer to worsted weight.
One skein made the pair of women's size 7-9 slipper.  I got lucky that the color repeat was nearly perfect to match.

Heh.  If my blog sounds like a sales pitch, I assure you I haven't stepped in that direction (yet.  I may look into the $$ for ads eventually, but for now I'm not set up that way.)   When I get excited over a pattern or design I want to share my experience.  I want to celebrate the designer! And also, making note of what supplies I use helps me and others make a similar product.
Lol 😊 that said... I'm willing to sell these purple slippers for $20 + shipping if necessary. Anyone want them? πŸ˜‰

3 comments:

  1. Those look great, but if I walk very long in flat shoes (or just socks) my feet hurt. So, how cushy are these and would it be possible to put the little things on the soles so they wouldn’t slip/slide? I made the old version many years ago for my grandmothers and for Husband’s! This pattern looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trick I learned a few years ago is that dimensional paint can be used to make non-slip socks.
      I also thought I'd like to try attaching a leather sole for the bottom layer. I'll have to investigate the leathers and soles next time I'm in Hobby Lobby. Certainly, there are possibilities!

      Delete
    2. Also, i would think an extra foam could be placed inside the layers before stitching them together if more cushioning was desired...

      Delete