Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Graceful Quilters Bee


When I reached out on the Texas Quilter's Group on Facebook, looking for guilds or sewing groups, Donna Cost invited me to visit the Graceful Quilters Bee.
She said, "Meetings are on the 1st and 3rd Mondays at Grace Bible Church in downtown Sanger from 9:30-3ish. Many of us at also members of Common Threads QG in Gainesville and some are members of Denton QG. Welcome to Texas!"

I surprised the group when I walked in. They weren't really expecting a newcomer. But when I asked for Donna, she knew exactly who I was. She jumped out of her seat and immediately gave me a welcoming hug! Then she excitedly introduced me to the group and how I happened to be there.


Quilters are encouraged to bring whatever they want to work on. I took my hand piecing project, the double wedding ring. 
Brenda, sitting on the bottom right on the picture above, and Teresa, sitting straight across from Brenda are the group organizers.  Today, they are working on a quilt top that will be given to the Grace Bible Church as a thank you for offering the space for the Bee meeting.

 

Three more quilters walked in after I took pictures and set up tables. There is room for many more!!

(I apologise for the poor quality in my photos. My phone was quite low on batteries and I didn't think to take a charger with me.)

This is Donna in the purple shirt. She was working on putting binding on a prayer quilt that will be given to a family who's house had burned down.

The next photos are close-ups of some sayings written on the quilt.


I'll tell you, there is no shortage of quilting in Texas!
To tell the truth..
Quilt Guilds. Quilt Groups. Quilt stores.
They are all starting to get mashed together in my head. Too many for me to keep track of.
I could easily become overwhelmed.
Instead, I'm going to keep my heart open to opportunities. And I will follow the leads when they present themselves.

Opportunities like - from todays Graceful Quilter Bee group I have been invited to two charity quilting groups (one is a hand quilting group that meets weekly!! THAT is exactly what I've been hoping for!) and the Gainesville Quilt Guild. It should be interesting to see each group. I'll certainly keep you updated 😊.


Back to today's pictures...
I took a selfie to prove my attendance.
I deleted it from my photos because I have a bit of a crazy-eyed look going on. But, as you can see, I restored the pic and added it here because...  well, that's me 🥰!
Whimsy Hita!

No comments:

Post a Comment