Wednesday, November 6, 2019

My first Texas Quilter's Sit and Sew

I attended my first Texas Quilter's Sit and Sew!

 I was invited by my friend and fellow Possum Town Quilt Guild member, JoAnne!  She had moved here around the same time I moved to Mississippi.  But she is part of the group that rooms together at Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge.  And that's where we became friends.
 JoAnne is working on an English Paper Pieced Flower Garden.  The colors are bright and happy.

Some ladies are having a closer look at the incredible satin stitched applique on this quilt top. I should have gotten some close up photos because attention to detail was amazing!!

 Everyone is encouraged to bring their own project to work on and a lunch if you plan to stay. 
As you can see, there were a variety of techniques!...
A machine pieced Jacobs Coat

... English paper piecing

  ... Appliqued circles

... Embroidery

these tiny circles ready to be appliqued look perfect!

And there's my Double Wedding Ring in progress ☺️. I got a few more wedges put together. It's progress!!

I really enjoyed this group. It was very casual and comfortable. The conversation was nonstop, one topic after another. And any topic was fair game.
I hope to spend more time with this group!!

No comments:

Post a Comment