Sunday, May 30, 2021

Back to the drawing board

 Back to the drawing board...


But at least this means continuing with my project and not starting over!

My Heartbeat and I have had two weeks of company at our house. We loved every minute of it. We did a lot of sight seeing and out of the house activities with our company. Now they've left and I get to go back to my sewing ☺️.

First project I'm going to work on is the Employee Challenge at my work. My boss had an idea of offering a Fat Quarter Bundle of the Month. We will be pulling some coordinating prints off the shelf. Displaying them for a period of time. Customers can order a Fat Quarter Bundle that will be ready for them at the end of the month.

Our first bundle was "beach" inspired.


In an attempt to inspire our customers to purchase a bundle, I had the idea of an Employee Challenge. Each of us will get a fat eighth and make our own quilt, using whatever piecing/quilting techniques we want. An opportunity to show what can be done with these colors.

It's harder than it looks!!

I have been going back and forth, changing my mind, about what I wanted to do with my pieces. We don't have the option of adding more of these fabrics to our project, it's limited and reserved for the customers! I suppose I could add from my stash or from the store, but I'm really trying to stay with the bundle.


I finally decided on an appliqued sea scene and I have to have a starfish.  Turtles are my favorite and would work with these colors, but the thought of a starfish isn't letting go! 

So, I made a background with gentle curve piecing. 


I'm feeling a little "meh"about it. But once I cut into that fabric there's no going back, no starting over. I'm completely committed to this piece now.

And so, today, my bedroom window is turned into a light box. My drawing is taped to the window and I'll start tracing the patterns onto the fabrics. 




My fingers crossed that my efforts get create something close to my vision!

Thanks for visiting. Wish me luck!!



No comments:

Post a Comment