Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Burning both ends of the candle.

 

I finally put the binding on this little quilt that I made for a store sample.

The pattern is "Simple Pleasures" by Karen Arzamendi.

It's really a sweet pattern. If you enjoy many quilting techniques this might be the project to satisfy all your quilting cravings in one little work of art!

First piece the background. Then applique with whatever technique you prefer. Then add some embroidery for the fine details. And of course you can add any embellishments you can think of!! 

I finished mine with hand quilting but you can machine quilt or tie it with little embroidery thread tuffs or whatever!

Also, I only made the rabbit prefer but you could make a matching trio with the birds and flower vase that are also in the pattern.



......
I wonder if anyone believed that I would leave the center of my Bullseye as it was? My eye kept seeing the puckers that were in the point pieces. I just couldn't leave it like that. I unstitched and hand applique it. It's not perfect to but I feel it's much better than before.
Now I'm ready to move onto the second ring, as soon as I decide what colors!
Bullseye by Becky Goldsmith from Piece O'Cake Designs.


.........
I have gotten behind. . I've finished day #7. In just a few hours day #9 will be released.  I'll have to try to make both #8 and #9 tomorrow. 🤞I think I can do it! 
Laundry Basket Quilts' mystery 2021.


........
At work, quilts came back from the long armers today.  I had the joy of attaching the binding. I took pics so I could make a FB post on the store profile.


I love making these mitered corners. 
First, fold the binding out.
Then fold it back on itself and along the edge, making sure to make it square.

Then, stitch until you get to the next corner!


Also, at work... We are going to do a monthly Fat Quarter Bundle. Here's the first collection. Doris and I were inspired by a beach photo. Sign ups for the bundle will be open until May 20.




I feel I got a lot done today! Now time for some 💤's!


No comments:

Post a Comment