Monday, January 6, 2020

Feeling Frugal!

Just a quick update.
I am still working on Clue #4 of Bonnie Hunter's 2019 mystery quilt Frolic.
If you are at all interested, the clues are free while the mystery is being revealed.  On her blog, Ms. Hunter says, "All clues will be removed on February 1st as Frolic will become a digital pattern download for purchase in the Quiltville Store." Her blog is called Quiltville's Quips & Snips!! and until February you can find the mystery in the tab titled Frolic Mystery!

Today I stayed home and cut clue #4 pieces.
When I took a break for lunch today, I had half of the required sets for clue #4.
It's taking me a little extra longer because I'm trying to use up smaller pieces of fabric.

I have figured out that if I can cut two strips from my fabric, they have to be at least 9.25" long...
or if I can cut 3 strips, 7.5" long is enough IF I piece together that last quarter square triangle.


I also had these rectangles that were too short for the quarter square triangles.
I pieced them together to make a long strip and then cut the pieces as per the instructions!

I don't know about you, but I find these pieces perfectly precious!

Now this quilt is truly "scrappy!"
And I'm feeling very happily frugal 😉
Just a few more sets to cut tomorrow and then I'll start piecing the half square triangles!

No comments:

Post a Comment