Saturday, December 28, 2019

No stopping me now!

We had planned to go on a road trip today. Just as we put our shoes on the thunderstorms started and the weather report showed it would continue storming all day.
We decided it's better to do our road trip on Monday.
And so, instead of being on the road, I got to work in my sewing room much of the day!

I opened a box labeled "crafts and books."
Surprise! It was old computer magazines and catalogs.  The box was my Hearts stuff and not mine! Most of it went into recycling and one item went into his computer room.  Another box gone! Yay!!

Of course, since I was in my room, I took some time to finish the sewing part of clue #3 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Frolic.

Isn't this little duck fabric is too sweet!
It makes me smile and want to cuddle something!

now my half square triangles are ready for trimming.
And I'm painfully aware that if I used Ms. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool ruler, I'd probably just have to clip dog ears. But can you guess where my ruler is?  It has yet to be unpacked. I couldn't wait.  The end result is the same. By the time of this update, I'm half way through trimming.
However, peeking into the next clue is revealing to me how much easier it will be with the Essential Triangle Tool. So! wish me luck that I find that ruler in the next few boxes!
(and yet, I have other triangle rulers that I can figure to use in much the same way that is demonstrated. Also, Bonnie Hunter includes traditional rotary methods for cutting the required pieces. So I am thankfully not at a halt without the tool!)

One other item I'm keeping my eye out for is my portable design wall. Again, it's not necessary for me to continue, but it is quite helpful.  Especially as I want to continue working on my son's fiance's quilt. I think last I told you about it was in my blog update One thing leads to another.  Eeeep! that was back in July! I really don't want this to become another long term Unfinished Project!

Alright then! I think I'm ready to unpack another box. I'll let you know if the items turn up 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment