Monday, June 11, 2018

A little wiggle and giggle.

On Monday mornings I get to go over my friend C.C.'s house and do something on the long-arm quilting machine. 
Recently, our friend Brenda Crownover pieced a few tops and handed them over to us for practice on the long-arm.  The finished quilts will be donated to PTQ or Maple Street to go to babies in need.  This morning I worked on this:

Don't those blues and aquas make you want to spend the day on the beach and go swimming!?
On my practice piece, I was going for a sea urchin type feel.  Stitching started with a large spiral from center out, then worked my way back to the center with a squiggle.   I think it worked for the most part. But the stitching isn't always smooth curves and the spacing varies a lot. Sooo, for an organic vibe, it's perfect 😉. 

On Monday mornings, it's just the two of us and a lot of fun. Sometimes C.C. stitches, sometimes me. But I discourage both of us stitching on the same quilt because we have different styles!
C.C. is an artist.  She paints beautifully! I'm sure she's had formal training 😉.  She definitely has an eye for color and symmetry and proportion  and space. I think, most important, she has a steady hand. - meaning consistency.
Well you can see the differences yourself.  C.C.'s work is on the left and mine is on the right.
C.C.'s quilting
My quilting

 Mine is more "fly by the seat of your pants" style. Lol, I think the pictures speak for me 😄.

In truth, I am very proud of this piece with all it's imperfections.  I've been working very hard these last few years to let go and let it flow.  And so today I'm feeling accomplished because of a few wiggles/squiggles and giggles. 🤗

Thanks for stopping by! 
Wishing you a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment