Thursday, June 28, 2018

And in my free time....

A while ago I blogged about organizing my scraps.

I mainly concentrate on cutting 2.5" and 1.5" scrappy squares. And the smaller odd shaped pieces get pieced into 2.5" crumb squares.
Here's my most recent crumb squares from this week.  I probably have over 100 made now. Soon I'll start planning of how to use them in a quilt.

The 1.5" squares are really supposed to be for the center of these stars.  (It doesn't look like I have much more than I had in the blog post I linked above.  I guess the crumbs are winning my attention.)
But tonight I couldn't resist sewing those 1.5"squares into 3.5" 9-patches.
And dare I say that these could possibly be more fun than making crumbs?!?
I have something in mind for these. I'll need at least 60.  But I'm not going to reveal what these are for yet...  I still have three tops waiting to get off of the design wall. I'm way behind on Stitching Whimsy.  I'm repairing a Double Wedding Ring quilt top.  The Tree of Life quilt is on my goals list to be completed by Christmas.  I want to participate in a Christmas themed guild challenge for Mountain Quilt fest 2019.  ... Oh! I shouldn't forget the scarf I'm knitting on size 3 needles with fine sock weight yarn and the tatted necklace length trims almost ready to be mailed off.... Pheww..
Thank goodness I have scraps to fill in my free time!!😋


No comments:

Post a Comment