Saturday, September 8, 2018

Let go. Just do it!

It's finished!
Yay! I think it turned out quite well...
...after a bit of starch and blocking using a few pins...

Oh, yes. The pattern for this doily is found in the Annie's Crochet book Doilies with Symbol Crochet.   It's named Aquamarine Starcatcher, designed by Kathryn White.  I think I would like to make it again.  Does anyone use doilies anymore? Do I know anyone that wants one like this?  Mine measured 16" through the center from point to point.

This doily is designated for display on the coffee table in my Sweetling's dorm room.
Actually, my girl is quite surprised I'm letting it walk out the door so quickly.  I sometimes (almost always) have difficulty letting go of my works.  Like the scarf...
... finished last December, Goodbye 2017, and promised to her.  It took over 60 hours to knit up.  I think I got emotionally attached and it's still in my possession 😋.  (I AM going to give it to her with the doily. That will feel good to let go.)

I also have a set of gloves....
promised to a friend in WA.  The pattern for these are found in The Leisure Arts book Beginner's Guide to Crocodile Stitch. Designer is Lisa Gentry.  I wouldn't mind making these again too.
My attachment to these is different from the scarf.  These represent my friend.  The longer I keep them, the more love I can infuse into them.  I know, it's a silly notion.  They've been sitting on my coffee table, finished, for about a month now.  I'm sure they're as infused as they're gonna get and it's time to drop them into the mailbox!

And I have these tatted trims...
... measured perfectly for necklaces for my cousin's little girl.   They just need some fray check put on the ends then they can be put into the mailbox... but I have a fear the ends won't hold up and they'll start to ravel.  And my workmanship won't be as good as it should be...  My picture is dated June. Yes, I said JUNE! and it's September now!  It's definitely time for me to let go of these.

Procrastination, emotional attachment, fear of inferiority... Whatever the reason, holding on to things is holding me back.  It's crowding creativity.  So, I'm using you as my witness and I'm making it a goal to make a visit to the post office and be able to blog that's it's done on Monday.
Yep, it's time to let go,
Let my whimsiness out into the world 😉,
And make room so more can be put forth.
Like the commercial says, "just do it!"

2 comments:

  1. I have such an emotional attachment to all of my handcrafted goods too. Letting go is a great reminder for all of us!

    That doily turned out amazing! And that scarf is one of my favorite knits by you. Loooove the colors and that fine yarn just makes for such an expensive finished product.

    Keep crafting! I love to see all of your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! It's nice to know I'm not alone in the attachment area.
      Looks like Monday has turned into Thursday, but I AM a step closer to the post office.. perhaps I meant next Monday 😁

      Delete