Thursday, January 2, 2020

And a New Year starts.

And now it is the year 2020!
Happy New Year to you!
I don't have much to report on the quilting side. Today, I did manage to cut more pieces for clue #3 on Bonnie Hunter's 2019 mystery quilt Frolic. But I didn't sew any of the pieces together. 
I am a little sad about that. Every New Year Day, I try to do those things that I want to be doing for the rest of the year, just in case there's something to that old superstition.
But anyway, having more pieces cut will make it easier to chain piece tomorrow.


Keeping my blog updated is another thing I want to continue through the new year.
(This update won't be posted until the 2nd, but at least I started composing on the 1st!)

Because I need something to talk about, I guess I will admit that on the side I have started another top.
For years, I've been wanting to make a top with the Orange Peel/leaf shape. 
Lucky for me, one of the first books I unpacked was Petal Play

All the projects in this book look great for scrap stash busting.
At the moment, the Starflower Quilt appealed to me most.

It is more of a controlled scrappy because the background is one color and the petal shapes are one color, but the star points are different.

I have cut out all the background.
I am committed to this project.
I will cut the star points as I go.

Because the points are assemble in the flip and stitch flying geese method, it creates those extra triangles that scrap quilters like me just can't throw away.
So I stitch those "bonus" triangles as well before trimming and decided to stitch together a bonus 9-patch block.

Though the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt is the priority project right now,
this Starflower Quilt will be my "leader and ender" project (a term coined by Bonnie Hunter.)

I giggle because I took a picture to show you I make mistakes and how the seam ripper is at the ready. ( I actually have three seam rippers, just in case one gets misplaced.)

Just a few stitches had to be taken out.

And all is well again 😄

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment