Thursday, January 23, 2020

Really the mystery continues, even after the reveal!

Bonnie Hunter's 2019 Mystery Quilt "Frolic"...
I am so enamored with it all!!
I am so happy I gave-in to the urge to join in on this fantastic quilting adventure this year.
I did resist. I mean, I already have many projects to continue. The release was the day after Thanksgiving, like it is every year, which just happened to be two days after we moved into our new house.  I really didn't have time or room to start another project.

Curiosity got the better of me.  My quilting friend Judy's enthusiasm was contagious! And I had a quick look at Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!

A quick click on the "Frolic Mystery" tab had me well on my way down the rabbit hole.
The second sentence started with "Texas Wildflowers" and I was completely hooked.

Also, I was setting up my sewing room and was able to pull from my stash as I was taking it out of the boxes to put on the shelves. So convenient!!

I was making my way through the clues slowly but surely. I didn't mind being so far behind those that had started right at the release. I actually liked the lack of pressure to complete the clue before the next one posted. Until clue #4...
it seemed to take F.O.R.EVERRrr...
I think clue #8 was posted when I finally finished #4.
Then clue #5 was short and sweet. And I started #6...
...just in time for clue #9 - "The Reveal" post!!

I read the posting and everything came around full circle!
The whole mystery was so clever!
I am in awe of Ms. Bonnie Hunter.
I am amazed at how much effort she put into giving us this mystery (free for a limited time, I think I read she will be taking it down and making it into a digital download for purchase on Feb 15. But don't wait until the last minute if you want it free!! Go to her blog - Quiltville's Quips & Snips and look for the Frolic Mystery tab!)

 I have been sewing since my feet could reach the pedal from the chair.
I took my first quilting class in 1990.  That's 30 years of quilting!
I have always taken a pattern and converted it to techniques I know work for me.
This time, I followed the instructions, word for word.
I think for the first time EVER, ALL my seams matched up!
I didn't have to ease-in anywhere.
Seams nested where they were supposed to.
That's 64 pieces in this block and they all lined up perfectly!!
 I love my second block even better than the first!
The colors are not captured very well with my phone camera. They are more vibrant than I am seeing on my computer.

I can't wait to see how they all turn out. Each one a little different because I went as scrappy as I could.

really I didn't do too bad. I made it all the way to clue #6 out of 9! 
The reveal was perfect timing for me...
I am more of a whole block maker than a make all the pieces first then make the blocks kind of piecer. 
The next block is laid out on the design board, ready for piecing. I have company visiting this weekend. I'll have to be sure to sneak to my room here and there, whenever possible, to stitch a seam or two.
I can barely stand it. Now the mystery is "what will the next block look like?!"
I want to see this one put together and the next one laid out!
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment