Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Raining Seahorses...with all the angles covered

I was back at it today.
Clue #4 is still on the agenda.
and remains on the agenda.

I'm talking about a clue from Bonnie Hunter's 2019 mystery quilt.  You can have a look on her blog Quiltville's Quips & Snips!! under the "Frolic Mystery" tab.
Two things I noticed as I pieced today.
First is that aqua is one of the colors that Bonnie describes as "April skies!"
I got a huge tickle that my skies are going to be raining Seahorses! 

Second. Bonnie Hunter takes great effort to explain how to get your own personal 1/4" seam. Which starts with the cutting, continues with the stitching, then measuring, and how to correct if necessary
If you have been struggling with your pieces not sewing up into the correct size then I encourage you to have a look at clue #1.  If you follow all her steps, you will understand how each step plays it's own important part in perfect piecing!

The stitching is where I was chuckling at myself again.  Along with the precise cutting, I have my quarter inch foot helping to line up the edge of my pieces.
But as if that's not enough, I also have a piece of scotch tape on my machine with a thin permanent marker line on the edge to line up the corner.

Hahaha, I've got all the angles covered! 

No comments:

Post a Comment