Friday, January 17, 2020

Finally! Clue #4 is completed!

Yesterday I had wanted to get clue #4 of the Bonnie Hunter mystery completed.
Instead however, my Sweets had a different project for us to work on.
When we moved into this house, a few pieces of furniture were left behind by the contractor.
Sweets decided she wanted this console for her bedroom, but only if she was allowed to paint it.
And that's exactly what we did. We went to Lowe's for the paint. The paint guy there suggested an enamel paint for the satin finish. We love it! It's rolls on so smoothly! I am 100% satisfied and am tempted to find more furniture to paint up!
Three coats of paint completely covered the previous color. But you can still tell the direction of the grain. I find that so amazing. (I haven't painted furniture in many many years.) LOL I am stoked by how easy this has been!
In this picture, she's still on the first coat.
Painting the detailed lattice was the biggest effort. That was the only part I helped her with.
Yesterday was two coats, Today was the third, Tomorrow we'll put the mirrors back into the doors and move it upstairs into her room.  Maybe I'll get a snap shot of the finished project.

While painting took all day, I did return back to my sewing room after dinner and got the rest of the HSTs all stitched up.  I had to stop at that point. The pressing and clipping of dog-ears would have to wait for another day.

Today, Bonnie posted Frolic's part 9 (the reveal) She also reminded us that all the clues will be removed on Feb 15th. So if you want the pattern while it's free, you better go get it!! Frolic Mystery

.... I was still working on #4! (I also just realized she's been calling them "parts" not "clues".  Same, same, I say 😋)

Tonight, as I write this blog update, I am happy to say....
Clue #4 did not break me!
It's FINALLY completed!!
... with each set in its own bag as suggested! Yay me!! 😆

I think the reveal came at perfect timing for me.
The whole thing about a mystery quilt is that you don't know how the pieces are going to fit together in the end. It's hoping that you picked good colors that will blend just right. Precise piecing is a must because you don't want to chance cutting points off. 
Of course, I've been reading the clues as they've been posted. The biggest hint I saw was cutting the fabrics in sets, keeping colors together, and still I was no where near to "solving" the mystery with each clue.
As I've been working along and reading ahead, I am struck with how ingenious this mystery is. What effort must have been put into it. I bow to Ms. Bonnie Hunter. "Well done!!" 
Then I saw the reveal. I saw what it's all leading up to and I am blown away!
I saw the reveal, and I am compelled to continue.
I saw the reveal, and I want my Frolic quilt completely finished so I can say, "Yes, I made that!"
I am well into the cutting of Clue #5.


No comments:

Post a Comment