Friday, May 14, 2021

Needle turning and mystery catch up .

Yesterday I blogged about back basting. Today the stitching continues with needle turning the raw edge under and stitching the applique fabric to the back ground with invisible stitches.


The basting stitches are taken out. Just a few at a time.
As the basting stitches are removed I use the needle to push the raw edge under.  Those basting stitches are the guide line, showing me where the seam line is and where I need to fold the fabric.
A view from the back shows the stitches are pretty much right on the traced pattern lines 😍


Sharp turns take extra care.

Using the needle tip to manipulate the seam allowance. It's too easy to fray that delicate point so it's gotta be done without too much fussing...
...and once you got it, hold it tight! get those stitches in quick! I don't want to have to fuss with tucking that corner again.

a couple of days ago I blogged about joining in the Laundry Basket Mystery quilt 2021.
This mystery is going to be over 12 days, minus Sundays. I started a couple days late, but as of tonight, I am caught up! Block #4 done! 

I am really enjoying this mystery. Thank you, Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment