Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Who needs sleep anyway??

Yesterday, my Mom inquired about my blogging, or lack of... so here's a short update with hopes that I'll get into the blogging groove again...

So, the Laundry Basket Quilts mystery 2021 has started. I was totally unprepared. I didn't know about it until I saw Block #1 on my Instagram notifications.
However, I'm working on several quilt projects for work, I'm teaching two classes, and hand quilting a king sized quilt. I thought maybe I should skip this mystery...

Then I couldn't sleep...
 so I decided that I might as well be sewing... 😋
It's now 4:30 a.m.
And I'm in the middle of Laundry Basket's Block #2 clue. 😆
Edyta Sitar says the mystery is going to be over a course of 12 consecutive days! 
I am terrible at block of the month programs. Or even every week on goings. But I feel pretty good about sticking with a 12 day quilt top!
I'm choosing the rainbow color option and am determined to use only what's in my scrap stash, which really just means anything I have already even if it's yardage. This is going to be an exercise in color combinations for me. I'm hoping for the best but realize it might be a complete flop and I'm "OK" with that!!

But now I'm headed to bed. I should be able to drift off to sleep and be rested enough for Block #3 when I wake up!

Sweet dreams 😘.

No comments:

Post a Comment