Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Because I don't have enough going on...

So today I made videos for the Wanna Bees like I'm not swamped with tasks up to my eyeballs both in quilting and in life in general.  (I'm obviously avoiding the inevitable.)

Watana, the queen bee of the Wanna Bees, has requested that we make a quilt to be sold and the money donated to help with medical costs for a certain young girl battling leukemia.

The pattern Watana has chosen is Road to Oklahoma by the Go! Qube.  She cut all the blocks out with her Go! cutter, then handed them out to us to assemble.
I was having difficulty making my blocks do what the directions said... I was getting a counter-clockwise swirl when the instructions said it was a clockwise swirl. ( I'll admit, I had started with my own assemble and was taking shortcuts through the directions.)
In the end, it wouldn't really matter which way the swirl was rotating, but I had to figure it out.  I also thought it would be a good opportunity to try out making video tutorials. (It's not exactly easy, by the way.) And I hoped I might help my fellow Wanna Bees in assembling the blocks.

First was laying out the pieces:

Then assembling the 4 patch:

....well darn! I thought I'd be able to add the videos to this blog update but it looks like there's a file size limit and my videos are too big.
At least I was able to upload the initial one, so you get a sort of "preview."

Anyway, in the end, everything turned out exactly the way the instructions stated. Lol, isn't it funny how following directions works that way? 😝.
I over thought the details. However, it's all good because I tried my hand at video tutorials! And maybe a Whimsy Hita YouTube channel might be a possibility in my future! (...but, more advanced in my future, because, you know... those tasks I'm avoiding!!...)

No comments:

Post a Comment