Sunday, September 22, 2019

Testing continues...

I picked up Gutermann topstitching thread yesterday thinking that it would be thinner than 2 strands of embroidery floss.
I was surprised at how thick it is!

I wasn't too sure about this topstitching thread.
But... Maybe I just need to let it work it's own charm.

I do like the hand quilting thread. This red zigzag happens to be Gutermann quilting thread.
The purple is Coats Cotton machine quilting thread. It is slightly softer than the Gutermann quilting. But there's not much difference in stitching.

None of these threads were made for hand embroidery. It's quite fun taking something intended for one thing and letting it shine in a different light.  I wonder what serious hand embroiderers would say about this? Am I breaking all the rules in that category of needle work too?

No comments:

Post a Comment