Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Today's stitching report of a whimsy bandit!!


Wednesdays are for charity quilting at Maple Street.  I didn't ask the ladies if I could post their pics in my blog, so I'll only used the quilt photos.

The colors on this 16-patch are beautifully  brilliant!!  This scrappy top was pieced by Judy Stokes.
The hand quilters are well into stitching.

I spotted Brenda's thimble and thought it would make a good profile picture for the Maple Street Facebook  group.
The update on the quilt I'm putting together:
All the 160 wonky blocks are sewn up!!
And I'm wondering if I dare start sewing blocks together without laying them out on a design board.  ...I probably shouldn't chance it.

After charity quilting, Sweets and I went shopping in Tupelo (it's an hour drive from our house.)  A couple hours at the thrift store then an hour or so at the mall...  by time we got back home, I was too tired to stitch.  
Thankfully, I have enough energy to give my quilting report today! 

Oh, ohh, ohhh, yes!! 
I found an excellent chair at the thrift store for when I'm working with "George" and at the fantastic price of $5!! 
No more pulling the table close and sitting on the bed to quilt 🤗.


The back wooden slat thing has a crack, but it doesn't seem to effect the sturdiness of the chair.  I'll probably be the only one ever sitting in it, so it'll be ok.
For FIVE dollars!! I made out like a bandit... 
a Whimsy bandit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment