Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Just 11 miles!!

Yesterday we had a walk-thorough at the new house with the constructor. He took his through the house, room by room, and gave us the run down of special features. We learned things like how to turn water valves and gas lines off, how the windows open for cleaning, how the fireplace has a gas line if we want to put in a gas log instead of burning wood, how set the alarms, heater and water sprinklers... So many things! The ceiling fans have light switches with a slider to change the high-low speed!!  No more jumping at the light fixture to pull the chain! Lol, I feel like I've been living  in a time capsule and have jumped into the future. My Heartbeat and I are very pleased with our new house, waiting for closing is difficult.

Sitting in my car, after the Walk-through, my Heart on his way to work, I decided to see how far to the nearest quilt shop 😁.
It's just 11 miles!!

Minding My P's and Q's


I suspect the shop was empty because it had become a very blustery day. One of those days for hot chocolate, fuzzy slippers and blankies on the couch.
Fortunately, I was already out and about 😉.
And received a warm welcome when I stepped through the quilt shop doors.

I met long-armer Fran, who was finishing up a client's quilt.  The custom quilting is fantastic!!

Minding My P's and Q's quilt shop has a big classroom!
One of the newest classes is the Poppins tote that's sitting in the floor. It is a very roomy and sturdy tote!
I found scrap bags!!
And look!! They've pulled a collection of fabrics to match the new Bonnie Hunter mystery colors!! Very thoughtful!
The shop has so much yummy stuff, and this is all I left with.  I'm trying hard to wait until we're settled into the new home.

Their calendar is full of classes and activities. 
All just 11 miles from where I'll be living (hopefully moved in by Thanksgiving!)
This shop may become my second home ☺️.

No comments:

Post a Comment