Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Quilts of Valor group in Carrollton, TX


I attended a Quilts of Valor Sit and Sew yesterday. They meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 10 - 4 at the The Old Craft Store in Carrollton, TX. 


Some quilters brought in quilts to show.

 This snowman quilt is adorable and made from Jelly rolls!

The workspace area is very spacious.
Each quilter is working on her own project.
Stars are quite appropriate for Quilts of Valor.
 
The view from the other side of the room.

And this ironing station is awesome!!

When I went to set up my sewing machine, I found out that I neglected to put the cords with the machine when I put it in the "do not pack" pile. So hopefully the power cord and foot pedal are packed safely with the sewing room stuff. I won't find out until we move into the house.

Luckily, there was an extra sewing machine I was allowed to use.
Dianna Martinez is coordinator of this Quilts of Valor group. You can see more about this group on their Facebook profile US Sew Quilts of Valor.
Dianna handed me a stack of squares that were already cut. Showed me a pile of fabrics I could pull from to coordinate with the squares. Then pretty much turned me loose to do whatever I wanted.
I quickly came up with a plan and was soon well on my way!
I worked 10:30 to 3:30. I had a stack of 18 blocks at the end of the day. I was pleased with the progress.
Even though the official group is once a month, Dianna said I could come in on Tuesdays or Thursdays to work on Quilts of Valor projects. I may take her up on that if I don't find a weekly group fairly close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment