Monday, August 12, 2019

Princess Whimsy Hita

Burying threads doesn't use much mental effort.  I've had too much time to think these last two days.  For instance, I've convinced myself that I'm a fairytale princess!!
I'll tell you why...
Yesterday I pricked my finger with the needle.  I considered taking a picture but was too shocked to see that crimson red beaded droplet on the snow white quilt backing. 
And honestly, I also panicked. Afraid that the droplet would soak into the fabric and through the layers and stain the front side of the quilt!
Supposedly, the best way to deal with this catastrophe is with your own saliva.
Yep. That fabric went straight to my lips. And I soaked it with my own spit...
And at first it seemed all I managed to do was spread the stain.
The panic continued!
More saliva.
I grabbed the hem of my shirt and dabbed at the wetness..
Would you believe, the stain started to disappear!
It's not completely gone, but it is not noticable (unless pointed out.). 
Ahh, my heart started beating again.

But soon after I had to lie down and fell into a deep sleep... For like 100 minutes...
(See where this is going? Sounds slightly familiar to a fairytale sleeping princess, right??  She pricked her finger and slept for 100 years, I believe.)
When I woke up around 2 p.m.  The house was empty.  I searched for my Heartbeat and Sweetling.
I found them outside. It had to be the hottest time of the day.  My Heartbeat was helping Sweetling practice riding a bike.  (I know, she says we never taught her. I say she never wanted to learn.  Either way, NOW, at 17 years old, she wants to learn and with one of us by her side... or at least with her)

So!! Do you see?? I was awakened by an act of true love!! My Heartbeat was out in the stifling Mississippi midday heat out of love for our Sweetling!! What could be more true than that??
That's PROOF!! I am a Fairytale Princess!!!
😉 
Hahaha, I told Sweetling my conclusion.  She was amused with my story and says, "oh my goodness, mom" and managed not to roll her eyes at me. 😂

~~~~~
On the quilting side...
I'm quilting from the center of the quilt out to the sides and I've reached a side!!
In order to be sure that the quilting stitch is 1/4" from the binding, I have to mark approximately where the binding seam is going to be.

Then I used that marking to stitch 1/4" inside.

The edge of the foot is about 1/4" from the needle.  That's what I've been using as a guide.

I am very stoked that I've reached a corner.
I'm over half way done!!

I love the way the shadows fall when the light is off.

Ok!! My Prince Heartbeat is on his way home from work. It's time for this Princess Whimsy Hita to think about what's for dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment