Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Hand work and memories

I guess not all hand work has to be done with needle and thread.
 The last day of our Colorado visit was spent visiting around the dining room table. Sweets wove friendship bracelets as she listened to family chatter. Lol, she used her phone as an anchor.

My mom had purchased lots of cherries for my Sweetling's high school graduation celebration.  She purchased so many that there were still many left over after the party. It was decided to freeze some.
Since I also needed something to do while sitting and visiting, I offered to pit cherries in preparation for freezing.
I had started with a paring knife. But Sweets explained how she saw a YouTube video where they used a straw to push the pit out. We tried it and it worked great!!
Two days later, my fingers are still a bit stained, even after dipping my fingers in bleach water.  I knew the staining would happen, I'm ok with it. It'll wear off eventually.

Sweets thought it was fun taking pictures of me with my camera...
 I loved hearing her giggle. Even tearing up from laughing so hard because the snap shots she was getting showed funny expressions that were hitting her as hilarious.

It's been a bittersweet mother/daughter trip.
Sweets will be moving in just a couple of weeks to NYC to attend Barnard College of Columbia University.
I am so grateful for
Family visits
Blessings of togetherness,
Tears and laughter,
Hand work,
And a lifetime of loving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment