Saturday, August 31, 2019

Progress is progress..!


In my stitching diary:
I only took one picture on Wednesday of my stitching in progress at Maple Street.  "They" say a picture says a thousand words... 
I wonder if silence speaks louder?



The Starkville Happy Hooper's quilt guild meets on Thursday mornings.  It's an informal guild.  There are no by-laws or business meetings. It's simply a group of quilters that get together for fellowship, encouragement and inspiration!
I captured a small clip of a typical Thursday morning Hooper meeting and posted it to the guild's FB page. I love the buzz of conversation.
This week I worked on the double wedding ring that has been in progress for 20+ years. I've promised it to my son.  I probably should pick up the pace 😝.


And today, at home,
I've finally made it to my machine!


I think "empty nest" hit hard today.  It's Friday and my Sweetling is not coming home for the weekend... I don't have to make sure her favorite foods are in the cupboard. I'm making dinner for two, not three, tonight.  My usual Friday is no longer my usual routine.  I am feeling unbalanced today...

I need to start a baby quilt (because I've decided I'm keeping the Baby Girl stain glass quilt instead of giving to Heartbeat's co-worker,) but am having difficulty concentrating and I can't decide on a pattern.  I went back and forth thinking about it all day.
Realizing that I was getting no where with the back and forth going on, I switched gears. 
The next project at the Wanna Bee quilt group is going to be using the pattern Honeycomb by Karen Griska.  Part of the pattern calls for string piecing.  It's a piecing technique that is pretty much mindless sewing. And finally, after dinner, I grabbed my box of previously prepared "strings,"  sat at my sewing machine and started stitching strings together.
The only thing I had to be mindful of was to not sew the same print side by side.  Otherwise, all I had to do was pick up the next piece, line it up, then zip through the machine, and repeat.

After a couple hours, I had a pretty good pile started.  It's amazing what can be done with a stack of mix-matched fabrics.

Progress is progress no matter how big or small!!  I'll take it 🥰.

No comments:

Post a Comment