Wednesday, August 28, 2019

"Complimentary Cookie" blog update

I haven't done much crafting over that last week or so.  We moved my youngest to college over the weekend.  She now lives 1,094 miles away (according to Maps.) I couldn't be more proud she has the courage and drive to move onto the next stage of her life.
Now My Heartbeat and I are officially Empty-Nesters. What does that really mean?...  I don't know yet...

This update is more like a "complimentary cookie" type update. I haven't resumed stitching activities yet, but I don't want to go too long without a blog update.

The whole focus of the trip was Sweet's move-in date.  I only have 3 pictures over 5 days that are quilting or craft related.

The night before our flight to NYC, my Heartbeat noticed a quilt shop on our route to dinner.  After dinner, he surprised me by returning to the shop, Fabric for the Flock in Bartlett, TN.
It was 7:04 p.m. when we pulled into the parking lot and the sign on the door said closing time was 7.  But I know sometimes shops stay open if they have a class running so I tried the door. And to my pleasure, the shop owner was happy to let me browse after she heard my story of how I happen to be stopping at her store.
I wish I thought to take more pictures of her shop.  The shop owner, Karla, had several quilts and quilt tops on display.  She told me she supports local designers.  With my Heartbeat and Sweets waiting for me in the car, and the time was already after hours, I didn't feel I had time to see which designs she was talking about.  But I walked through the fabrics and picked out a couple that caught my eye.
Beautiful fabrics by popular designers, bottom to top: Riley Blake Designs Pattern C4152, "The Sweet Life" by Pat Sloan (Moda), and a Tula Pink charm pack!  All just to add to my stash 🥰.

In NYC we had lunch at Fraunce's Tavern. It's one of NYC's oldest standing structures and contains 9 museum galleries! We enjoyed live jazz while we ate our meal then we wandered through the museums.  I couldn't resist taking a picture of the needle work on this 5-star flag. It's just beautiful!

I had knitting to occupy my evenings in the hotel and during the flight back home.

I've been home two full days and have barely stepped into my sewing room.  Today I went to Maple Street charity quilting. Tomorrow I'll attend the Starkville Hooper's quilt guild meeting.  Hopefully, all these talented quilting ladies will inspire me to get working again ☺️.

No comments:

Post a Comment