Sunday, August 11, 2019

Overkill??... And count down

When I posted about burying threads I didn't tell everything and now I'm feeling compelled to tell the rest of the story... This blog update picks up where Effort well worth the end result left off.

Well, this updates picks up before "carefully clip the threads close to the fabric."
I do go a step further after "Travel the needle along the seam and pull the needle and thread through."

I insert the needle into the batting layer again, pushing it under the seam stitching (but careful not to pierce the front layer.)
This photo is just to show the direction of the needle. I don't pull through yet.
Then I change direction of the needle path and a couple of stitches away, I push the needle again through the stitching.  I am basically weaving the tail threads through the stitches.
Then, run the needle along the stitching and pull the needle through.
I am kind of weaving the threads in a figure 8 through the quilting stitches. This is "locking" the thread and the chance of migrating out is slim.

Lol, is it overkill? Maybe.
But I am hoping that my Sweetling wears out the fabric because she can feel my love wrapped around her before those quilting stitches unravel!!

~~~~~

At the end of today, there's -
-- 9 blocks needing threads buried
-- 13 more blocks to quilt.
-- binding to make, attach and hand turn
And 11 days to finish.
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment