Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Quilt is done in the nick of time!

Wish had some stories for you today, but I don't have much!
Sweets is so excited to get the next phase of her life started.  She's completely packed, everything she can think she'll need over the next 3 months. And a list of items that need to be purchased in NYC.   She is a planner. I think she gets that from my Heartbeat.
~~~
The quilt is the last item needing to go into a suitcase.
This morning there were still 7 blocks that needed threads buried.  I had today and tomorrow, then the next day we fly!!

At noon, Sweets and I ran errands.  There were still 5 blocks to do.


By time we got back home, I was feeling the time crunch!  So, I allowed SOME shortcuts 😋.  But only here and there.
The need to get this done today was very strong.


You see, even after I took care of the threads in the back, there were still the threads that get pulled to the front in the quilting process that needed burying too!!

My saving Grace was that most of those ends had longer threads which made it easier to use the needle and make overhand knots. 

Now, at nearly midnight, I can announce that it's time to celebrate!! Because I finally finished it!! With one day to spare (if all goes well.) 

We decided to put it through the laundering test. This is one of the scary parts for me.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until it's dried again. 🤞


I forgot to get a pic of my secret ❤️.  I guess I'll get it for my blog tomorrow.
~~~
Alright then! Charity quilting tomorrow at Maple Street!!  Until then, I wish you (and me!) A good night's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment